Ways to enter:
1. Subscribe (If you're a current subscriber, new since the last giveaway, please let me know. You'll be automatically entered in each giveaway.)
2. Mention the giveaway on your blog.
3. Refer someone (Have them leave me a message that you referred them.)
4. Leave a comment on any post. (Sometime more than just, "Great post" or "I agree")
5. Tweet the giveaway on Twitter.
6. Post something on social bookmarking.
Holiday giveaway: Black Friday edition
Perhaps to get myself out of this funk (see yesterday's post) or perhaps simply in celebration of the hectic season that is about to be upon us:
It's another giveaway!!!!!
This handy set has everything that the holiday shopper needs (except cash). Think of it as a fashionable holiday survival kit:
- Victoria's Secret purse. Nice and large to carry your smaller purchases. But with small zipper compartments so you don't have to dig for your keys. You know it's cool because it's got leopard print inside. Price tag was a ridiculous $75 (don't worry, not what I paid!) so it would also make for a great regift. (Or sell it on Craigslist and get a few extra holiday bucks!)
- A funky pink cosmetics pouch. A great place to keep your touch-up colors for the night. Or help just keeping everything in one place at home. Inside is a bag of Hershey's dark chocolate kisses -- because I'm evil and because you may need a little blood-sugar-boost as you brave the retail sales.
- Happy bunny year planner. For a little giggle when the mania of the season gets to be too much, or for when you need to schedule all those parties, celebrations and other holiday stresses.
- Softlips new pure organic pomegranate lip moisturizer. Because braving the cold means lips get chapped.
- Vicks' Early Defense hand sanitizer. To give your immune system at least a fighting chance, as your kids and/or coworkers are kind enough to share their winter colds.
- Bee M.D. organic throat drops. Just in case the common cold is stronger than your good intentions.
- Kleenex tissues. See above.
- A small pack of tampons. Lest you get caught at a mall unprepared.
Finally, just to prove that this time I'm a tad more organized, here's a picture of everything in a flat rate box, just waiting for the address of the winner:
I figure it's appropriate to give this away for Black Friday. (I'll be at my in-laws' for the big turkey fest, so it will ship Monday unless my mom is feeling particularly generous with her time this weekend.)
The rules are pretty much the same as before, with a couple small tweaks:
1. You get an entry for getting/having a subscription. (If you've started following the blog since the last giveaway, leave me a comment to that effect and you'll automatically be entered for any future giveaways, too!)
2. You get an entry for leaving a (substantive) comment. What do I mean by substantive? More than "Yeah, me too!" or anything of that nature. Otherwise, the sky's the limit.
3. You get an entry for anyone you individually refer to this giveaway/site.
4. You get three entries for mentioning the giveaway on your blog.
5. You get three entries for any post of mine you submit to a social bookmarking site.
6. If it's already been submitted, you get an entry for voting it up.
The contest will close at 6 p.m. PST Friday, November 28th.
Week 4: September 27 - Oct 2
This one is part relaxation, part attitude. We all need to relax after thinking of the bailout plans. But we're all pretty attitudinal after thinking about the bailout plans.
Three gold-foil pillar candles
Aromatherapy Super Mint Pack (Nature's Best)
Bath Confetti (Mon Image)
Softsoap Spa Radiant Body Wash
Yardley English Lavender Soap
L'Oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Cleanser
A combination (hand) pumice & nail brush
"Mothers are travel agents for guilt trips" magnet
"Maybe I want to look cheap" tissues
"I'm mature and you're not. Nah nah nah" Happy Bunny notebook
"I'm not listening. You keep talking. How weird is that?" Happy Bunny notebook
Leopard print cosmetics bag
Revlon Red nail polish (not pictured, bright red and suitable for the attitude section)
The contest will be closed at 11:59 p.m. Pacific on Friday.
- Subscribe if you haven't already. All subscribers get an automatic entry each week OR
- (and link) to the giveaway on your own site OR
- Refer a friend OR
- Save one of my posts on a Digg, PFBuzz, Kirtsy, etc OR : Reddit,
- Answer a question I pose during this week's posts or just leave a (substantive) comment. You can disagree with me, offer your own frugal tips... Anything more than "Hey, nice post."
In all cases, I'll need you (or the referred friend) to leave me a comment so I know who to give an entry to.
For doing more than one of these, you get multiple entries. Same with referring more than one friend or posting to more than one social bookmarking site.
The way this works: I go to Random.org and generate a sequence to help me randomize the list of names. Then I generate a second sequence and the first number in that sequence is the winner.