Monday, March 16

I feel like a million bucks -- or at least $28!

Just a quick "happy dance" moment...


First of all, as some of you may have noticed, I recently passed the 200 readers mark on subscribers. So thank you to everyone who has visited, contributed a comment, referred me to a friend, or otherwise just helped me get to this point. I'm really excited to see this progress! Combined with the followers, I have about 215 total "regular" readers, I suppose. The goal of 300 readers by the end of July is looking relatively attainable.


Secondly, I got a second advertiser today through LinkWorth, a program that links up bloggers and advertisers. (For more information on them, go to the "Make Money Online" tab or click on the ad on the lefthand sidebar.)


Frankly, I'm impressed with this progress, since the blog is relatively new. (My numbers, while thrilling to me, have me down in the bottom rung re: visitors/page views.) Considering my relatively newcomer status, it's pretty exciting to get two advertisers in under two months!


I have one other advertiser, who contacted me through the blog itself. The combination of the three means my monthly ad revenue is up to $28!


Okay, it's not exactly time to quit my day job. But it's still a really wonderful validation of my efforts on here. Which, of course, I should say, simply wouldn't be anything without all the help you readers have given me. By subscribing, reading, commenting, referring, and generally being my audience, you've helped me more than I can say. This blog gives me a place to vent, to pontificate and generally is a real ego boost. (I mean, c'mon, how could it not be when people besides your immediate family seem to actually care what you have to say? Even when it's to disagree!)


So thank you all for all the support and encouragement you have all given to me. I do appreciate it.


And, really, my not-so-secret goal would be to one day make something approaching a salary on this blog. Which makes both the readership and advertising milestones that much more special. I don't know if my goal is achievable, but it's certainly one I hope to keep aiming for.


I really do appreciate everything you have all done. Sometimes readers don't realize how much it means to bloggers that you click through to our posts. Or open up the email. Every time you do this, you validate all the effort I've put into this blog and into the community that encompasses so many PF blogs. I think I've come to rely on both more than I ever realized.


So thank you again, and here's to many more milestones!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alane said...

I read you every day but didn't know that subscribing could help. Could you explain how to do this?

March 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM

 
Blogger Abigail said...

Well, first of all, thanks for reading every day, Alane!

As for subscribing, it depends on how you'd like to receive the posts. If you prefer email, click on the pig image -- the one with "Or the pig gets it" -- or a couple inches down on the blue box with the number in it.

If you prefer to get the posts in a reader -- say, Google reader, which is what I use -- then just click on the white box that says "Posts." That will let you subscribe through one of your blog readers.

Thanks again, Alane!

March 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home