Saturday, August 16

A bit of good news....

The front page of today's Seattle Times had some good news!

The charity I wrote about is going to stay open thanks to an outpouring of community donations.

It's a pretty humanity-affirming article, so I suggest you read it if you have a moment to spare. Two people actually wrote checks for the whole $30,000 (the amount needed to stay open until grants can kick in). So now it has more than enough.

I started laughing reading the article out loud to my mom because I realized a donation they were referring to was mine. It even quotes my letter that I enclosed with the check. Strange bit of anonymous notoriety. Certainly a better start to a day that wasn't looking so hot. (I had trouble sleeping last night probably because of the heat and so got a whopping 4 hours of sleep in which I woke up 4 or so times.)


Suffice to say, this was enough to brighten my day.

Now I'm off to keep mom company as she goes to the farmer's market. I may even treat myself to a couple nice, ripe peaches. Yum!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pushing30 said...

That's fabulous news Abby. Congratulations on making a difference.

August 16, 2008 at 12:39 PM

 
Blogger Abigail said...

Aw shucks, dunno about making a difference. But I am completely thrilled that the shelter did get the outpouring of donations it needed.

August 16, 2008 at 2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home