Mental health day (aka link round-up)
Okay, before I get into this post, I need to make an announcement. I have been very harried lately and a bit out of sorts. So I will do a search for "Finding Savings" but if you could contact me about how to get ahold of you (leave a comment, I won't publish it) that would help tremendously.
Also, I know I haven't yet posted a new giveaway for the week. Again, I'm a little frayed around the edges. But I will be giving away more bath & body goodies. I'll post the pics as soon as I have two minutes' quiet, I promise.
OKAY ACTUAL POST BEGINS HERE:
In the interests of being more sanely balanced in life, I'm taking a mental health day Wednesday. I'll still keep an eye on comments, but I'm doing several other things:
- Tim's friend Seth was going to sell his Magic cards as a whole set. We convinced him to let us help him. But it means cataloguing thousands of cards (three boxes, four rows per box) then checking prices. We will get a cut of the action, so I'm trying to get it done and over with. (About halfway done.)
- Trying to get some errands done that have fallen by the wayside in the past couple weeks of craziness.
- Trying to learn a bit about things like SEO and other important web stuff.
- Building what might be a new site over on Wordpress. There are assets and detractions from each hoster. When it's more solidified, I'll go ahead and post a link and a poll. You can all vote as to whether you prefer the old site or the new. (I can set the subscription to the new site, so it shouldn't disrupt those of you who have those.)
In the meantime, check out these articles/contests from sites I like:
- MiB (My Investing Blog) Smarter Money: The blogger is having a $300+ drawing. You can get entries by commenting, social bookmarking and a few other items.
- Free From Broke: This site is having a contest in honor of its anniversary.Comment or blog about what you plan to do with your finances in the next year. Or social bookmarking. Or linking. There will be Amazon gift cards ($75, $15, $10)
- In Debt Because I Like Nice Things: Her credit score is up! If you haven't checked out this site, do. You may get a little queasy reading the history of how they got in debt. I'm actually not exaggerating when I say I did. But she took responsibility for everything and has already eradicated $50,000 of the debt -- mainly by selling the purses and such that got her into debt. Given the current conditions, you might need to read a bit of faith in people's ability to snap out of it.
- I've Paid for This Twice Already: Things are clipping along well here on debt elimination. But the piece I liked was When your budget can't change, keeping spending in check
- The Freebie Blogger: It's early in the week, so I can't suggest a specific item. But I love this lady's constant stream of info. I go there for the freebies I wouldn't otherwise know about. She also suggests how to combine weekly specials with coupons (which you can print out from her site). Pretty much a little of everything. At least, everything that my miser-ly little heart desires!